Friday, July 10, 2009

The Highlight of Disney World

I figured it was about time I posted some about our trip to Orlando. We spent 9 days there and had a very awesome time. About 1/2 of the time was spent at the Church of the Nazarene General Assembly. This was a wonderful thing to go to. I'm thinking I'm going to write a separate post about that. The other 1/2 of our time was spent at Walt Disney World. We spent a day at Blizzard Beach Water Park, Hollywood Studios, and, of course, Magic Kingdom! It was fun.....expensive....but very fun! So......here is the highlight of what we did there.....the kids all got to get a "makeover". The boys got to become pirates and the girls turned into princesses.

The boys went to the Pirates League and were made over as pirates. They had a great time with this! Everybody in the place talked like pirates and each of the boys got their own pirate name. Here are some of the pictures from this..........................

Here is Joseph Gunskull, previously know as Benji........
Each of the boys got to pick what pirate face they wanted and I was SOOO hoping that none of them picked the skeleton one because I was dreading having to deal with the white makeup all day long. But.......of course.............Chris picked it. He looked great and was so excited to be a skeleton that I happily dealt with the smudged white makeup all day.

Roger Raidrage........or Chris
Here's Jacob.....I mean Thomas Wavewrecker.......
And here are my 3 fierce pirates all together.
Now for the girls.......they had been looking forward to this for months!!!! I had purchased their dresses months before at disneyoutlet.com and they had been hanging in the closet....taunting my poor little girls. Then the day finally came...........
Here are the girls.....sitting perfectly still as they are transformed into beautiful princesses.....
And here's the picture of Clara seeing what she looks like for the first time. Needless to say.....she was pleased.......
And here's my Little Debbie when she first saw herself all beautified......
And here they are together..............
And here are a couple of my whole crew all together. This was so fun!!!!!

No comments: